- For the pie:
- 1 large lemon
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 (9 inch) piecrust, unbaked (I used a frozen deep dish)
- For the topping: (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Take your pie crust out of the freezer or make your own. I used a frozen deep dish pie crust and it worked perfect. I placed it on a cookie sheet because the metal pan was not that strong but if using a glass pie plate you won’t need to do this.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your lemon then cut up and remove all the seeds. (Don’t peel it, you will blend the whole lemon!) Place in your high powdered blender (such as a Vitamix).
- Add the eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar. Blend till smooth. I started at power 5 then moved up to 10.
- Pour the mixture into your piecrust. Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Let cool then chill in the fridge.
- For the topping:
- Place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Add your whipping cream and sugar. Whip till peaks form.
- Slice pie and serve chilled with a dollop of the whip cream on top. This can be enjoyed warm (is just won’t be as firm) or room temperature but we preferred it chilled.