Pineapple Sunshine Cake – A light and fluffy pineapple-infused cake, topped with a sweet and creamy whipped cream frosting. This cake is always a crowd pleaser!
I love to make this Sunshine Cake for Easter or summer barbecues and it NEVER lasts for long. When I made it earlier this week, my son snuck a piece from the corner before I was able to photograph it.
He came running to me and said, “Mama! That cake is the best in the whole world!”
It was hard to be mad at him for cake-thievery with a sweet comment like that. He must be learning how to butter me up. 😉
Have a wonderful Easter y’all!
Pineapple sunshine cake
- 1 box yellow cake min
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (I used Vegetable oil)
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineaspple with juice
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small box instont vanilla pudding
- 1 (8oz) can crushef pineapple whith juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1 can of crushed pineapple with the juice. Mix well. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. In a medium sized bowl, fold together whipped topping, box of vanilla pudding, and 1 can crushed pineapple with the juice. Spread over the top of cooled cake